What Can You Not Eat on a Keto Diet?
There are some restrictions that you cannot adhere to while you follow a low carb diet. This is a very natural thing, and there really are no “rules” about what can and cannot be eaten. You should always check with your doctor if you have any questions before you begin any new type of diet. However, here are a few things that you might want to avoid on this diet plan:
– Meats. While this may sound like a no-brainer, some people find it hard to get used to this part of their diet plan. However, it will come as a relief once you discover that this is actually a very common food item that is allowed in a keto diet. So, there is nothing stopping you from enjoying this tasty meal.
– Dairy products. It seems counter-intuitive to suggest that dairy products could be part of a diet plan, but many people have found that dairy does help them stick to the diet. While this may be true, there are many who cannot tolerate dairy foods. So, you might want to talk to your doctor before you start consuming any dairy products during your diet.
– Alcohol. Many people do not consider alcohol to be part of a diet, but this is not true. While it is not good for you, as it will give your body a lot of toxins, it is a low-carb ingredient which can work in your favor when you are on a keto diet. However, if you drink too much, you can put yourself at risk for many health problems. So, make sure that you are aware of the alcohol restrictions that are placed on your diet.
– Yeast. Although this ingredient is not good for you, it can work in your favor if you have a high-fat diet plan. Yes, you will still get your needed proteins, but you may also find that the carbohydrates will be converted into sugar and stored as fat. Therefore, if you are going to use this type of ingredient, make sure that you are on a low-carb diet plan.
– Alcohol. This is the big one. You should not be able to drink any alcohol at all while on this type of diet plan. If you want to drink, limit your consumption to light beer or vineyard wine, which are liquids that are lower in carbohydrates.
– Proteins. You cannot take any pro muscle supplements while on this type of diet. Your diet plan calls for adequate intake of proteins, and the only way to ensure that you get enough is by consuming a lot of chicken, turkey, fish, eggs, beans and lentils. If you are a vegetarian, then the diet plan may not allow you to consume animal products as well.
A lot of people often ask what can you not eat on a keto diet. Well, just about everything! The number one thing you can’t eat is carbohydrates, so you must make sure that you are supplementing your meals with lots of vegetables and protein. If you think that you are going to go through a tough time consuming only fruits and vegetables, then better take a fruitarian diet because it is a perfect substitute for the traditional diet plan.
If you are having troubles digesting food on a keto diet, then it is advisable to drink a glass of milk at least three times in a day. Also, if you do not like vegetables, then better take a bean curd or tofu. It is a perfect substitute for meat and it is also easy to digest. What can you not eat on a keto diet? Water! The body needs lots of water, especially when detoxifying.
Another thing that you can’t take on this diet is dairy products, which includes cheese, butter and yogurt. They contain lactose and other things that will block your diet plan. They also have saturated fats that are not good for your body. As much as possible, you should stay away from white flour products such as pasta, even if they are low in carbohydrates. Whole wheat pastas are your best choice, because they contain fiber and protein that will improve your digestion.
What can you not eat on a keto diet? You can take fish and chicken, but make sure you cook it very well so that the skin doesn’t get wasted. You can’t eat fruits or veggies raw on this diet, since they are rich in starch and glucose that will cause problems with your digestion. If you want to stay away from fatty foods and sugary stuffs, then better have fat free or skimmed milk or other protein drinks.